If you’re someone who’s fallen in love with a fictional character, spent all night reading, or bought new books despite your shrinking shelf space, then you’re officially a book lover. Your reading addiction has no limits, and there’s no shame in admitting it. Check out these hilarious bookworm confessions that every reader should own up to!
1. You are 100% guilty of falling for a fictional character.
2. As crazy as it sounds, you wish fictional characters knew who you were.
3. You wish you met someone who loves you as much as you love books.
4. You have a long reading list, but that doesn’t stop you from acquiring more books.
5. You believe there’s a time and place for reading certain books.
6. You’ve devised schemes like this one for rereading your favorites.
7. Admit it: You love the books that leave you an emotional mess.
8. Even if you tell your friends otherwise, any free time you have is actually devoted to books.
9. “Yeah, I spent a lot of time outside this weekend.”
10. If you can’t take your book somewhere, you stay home.
11. Answering this question is like choosing your favorite child.
12. You’re the kind of person who will keep thinking about a book long after you put it down.
13. We pray we never have to say it out loud.
14. Sometimes you get mad at yourself for accidentally skimming through an important passage or reading ahead.
15. You close your eyes when you’re scared of what’s about to happen between the pages.
16. When a character does something cringe-worthy, you feel like it happened to you.
17. The first thing you do at a new store is look for their book section.
18. You feel so proud when you read the book before watching the movie.
19. You always find a way to mention your favorite books in unrelated discussions.
20. “When can I get back to my book?”
21. You get so wrapped up in a story that you start behaving like the characters.
22. You have panic attacks if your books aren’t in mint condition.